The life of a Mom in Berks, Lancaster, Chester County, PA!

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Recipe of the Week!

Broccoli Cheddar Soup

Sunday, after a busy weekend the hubby and I decided to eat at Panera Bread for a quick dinner.  Love it there because you can eat on your own time and it is convenient with a toddler.  I ordered broccoli cheddar soup and the Sierra Turkey sandwich.  I can never eat all of it so I brought the soup home.  As I sat eating it for lunch the next day, I thought "This can't be to hard to make".  Can honestly admit that I never made soup from scratch before! (I know kind of sad, but like I had mentioned before my cooking knowledge is not that great).  So I turned to my AllRecipes.com app on my Iphone (LOVE IT) for a great recipe and set out on my first homemade soup adventure! This is my version of the AllRecipes.com recipe, but here is a link to their version if you'd prefer to try the original Best Broccoli Cheddar Soup

Broccoli Cheddar Soup

Ingredients:
1 head fresh broccoli, chopped
2 large carrots, chopped
1 package of Knorr Vegetable Recipe Mix 
3 1/2 cups water 
3/4 cups whole milk
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions: 
1. In medium sized stock pot, over medium heat, combine soup mix and water stirring constantly until well mixed. 
2. Add broccoli florets and carrots, partially cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes stirring often.  
3. Once vegetables are tender, place soup in a food processor or blender and puree.  Once blended return soup mixture to stock pot. 
4. Add milk and stir. 
5. Add cheese to soup mixture keeping 1/2 cup set aside.  Stir soup until cheese is melted and then sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup on top of individual dishes.  

Tips: I added some extra cheese to it.  Also add water or milk as needed to desired consistency.  Also needed to add a little salt to taste.  

Tonight we had this soup with a yummy filet! Strange combination, but both were delicious! Baby girl even enjoyed them! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog