The life of a Mom in Berks, Lancaster, Chester County, PA!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

3 years!

Celebrated our 3 year anniversary yesterday! Made some last minute plans for my BIL and SIL to babysit so we could grab a quick dinner! Had heard a lot of people talk about Emily's in Mohnton and we drive past it just about everyday, so we decided to give it a try.

Very cute inside, but we decided since it was finally not 100 degrees out, we would sit outside on their patio to eat.  Since live right down the road and know how bad the bugs are at our house. we probably should have known better.  It wasn't too bad out there great little view, very relaxing. quiet, and FILLED with flies! They were everywhere.  Of course there wasn't anything Emily's could do about it, it just goes along with the territory!
Relaxing (with the wrong glass of wine), but relaxing none the less! 


We started our meal with drinks (they brought me the wrong wine, but quickly fixed it for me) and a really yummy appetizer. This was the best part of our meal!
 
Crab and Fontina Cheese Dip

I ordered Lobster Pasta and my husband ordered Beef Tenderloin topped with crab for dinner.  They were both good, but for the price they weren't fabulous.  The pasta was a little under seasoned and the peas weren't cooked enough.  My husband had tons of crab shells in his meal.  They looked gorgeous though! 



We decided not to have any dessert.  We had a nice evening though.  The food, like I said, wasn't terrible, but was pretty expensive for it to not be perfect! The atmosphere was great (minus the flies). We were expecting it to be more like an upscale bar and grill than a fine dining restaurant.  I would say we'd give it 3 1/2 out of 5 stars! We are probably more likely to visit our Anniversary spot from last year Bistro 614 in West Reading the next time we go out.  We love it there and usually go there for our fancy dinner celebrations!

My hubby also surprised me with this awesome lounge chair for our new deck for my anniversary gift! It has a cushion with it too, but due to the rain I don't have it out! 

And well since my husband buys everything he wants, when he wants it, all he got for our Anniversary was a new coffee cup, new sneakers, and a Happy Birthday card since apparently I can't read! :) LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog