The life of a Mom in Berks, Lancaster, Chester County, PA!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Family Getaway Part 4

My sister and her family decided to spend Thursday and Friday of their vacation at our house! I was happy to have them over, and found that it was a little easier to have all the kids at our house with all the toys, Wii, and bouncey house! We had a great steak dinner Thursday night, and Friday we decided to visit Weaver's Orchard (see previous blogs for more info on Weaver's) to pick some blueberries and raspberries.  

We had a great time, although by the time we got there it was a bit hot! So we filled our bucket as quickly as we could.  I also learned how much cheaper berries are when you pick them yourself! :) We also spent some time in their market buying some baked goodies! 

When we got home we waited for our lunch delivery from Cali Burrito in Allentown (thanks to my awesome niece Mindy).  Then we headed to French Creek State Park to swim and Kayak.  

That night my sister, her husband, and my nephew went back to my moms, but one nephew and one niece decided to spend the night with me. (My hubby was away taking his National Fire Certification Test, and he passed woohooo!) Saturday I took them all back to Emmaus and spent the day at my moms house with them.  

We went shopping at the The Promenade Shops at Saucon Valley (love it there).  Had some icecream, Dede bought all the kids a toy, and then we headed to Saturday night church at LifeChurch West (love it there too).  Tried to leave Alissa in the Nursery for the first time in a long time and it didn't go so well.  She spent most of the time screaming and when they paged me she was so upset and so sweaty, I felt so bad about leaving her.  Still working on the separation anxiety (for both of us).  She does great when I leave her at home with anyone, and she doesn't cry when I leave her in the nursery until she realizes that I'm gone.  I'm so used to seeing kids clinging to their parents and crying cause they don't want to stay in the nursery, but Alissa isn't like that.  She walks in as independent as can be, starts playing, I sneak out and then she comes looking for me to show me something and I'm gone.  Then she freaks out! Any suggestions on what to do??

Sorry went off on a tangent there! After church we ordered Thai food (my favorite) from Thai Thai House in Emmaus.  Very yummy and I could not believe how much Alissa loved it!  Anyone know any good Thai places in the Tri County area??

Was very sad to leave Saturday night, but was happy to go home to see my hubby who I hadn't seen all week.  Can't wait until the next Family Getaway, maybe in Florida next time :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog